RDN working in Long Term Care
Part time in the New Orleans area
Nutrition Education Resources, Inc.
112 River Oaks Drive
LaPlace, LA 70068
How to apply: Jo Jo Dantone, MS, RDN, LDN, CDE, FAND
Contact Phone Number: 662-809-8451
Contact Fax: 1-888-573-1919
Contact Email Address: JoJo@NutritionEd.com
NERI REGISTERED DIETITIAN NUTRITIONIST JOB DESCRIPTION
1. Review dietary policies and procedures and assist in the development and/or revision of such policies and procedures as needed.
2. Provide consultation to medical, nursing, professional staff of Facility regarding dietary needs of Facility’s residents, and contribute pertinent information to interdisciplinary care plans as needed.
3. Review nutritional documentation of all new admissions, annual updates, and residents at high nutritional risk including but not limited to: wounds, significant weight losses, underweight, tube feedings, renal failure, dehydration, or other acute episodes of disease management as determined by the RDN’s clinical judgment.
4. Review all residents on a yearly basis for change in nutritional status and make recommendations to the Facility as appropriate.
5. Assist in planning menus for Facility’s residents when necessary.
6. Review and approve all regular and therapeutic menus for Facility’s residents and make recommendations to Facility as appropriate.
7. Counsel residents of Facility and their families concerning diets, as needed.
8. Evaluate sanitation, meal service, and safety practices in the food service department.
9. Provide in-service education as needed for dietary personnel and participate in in-service programs for the entire Facility.
10. Provide Facility’s Administrator with a written report following each consultative visit.
11. Perform other duties related to Dietary issues as the Facility Administrator may reasonably request from time to time.
RDN with experience working in long term care, acute care or geriatrics.