CareSouth Medical and Dental is looking for a Registered Dietitian. This position is primarily responsible for evaluating client lab values, discussing nutritional
requirements and prescribing food plans. Must be emotionally mature and able to function
effectively under stress and the ability to organize and prioritize work.
1. Assess patients’ and clients’ nutritional and health needs.
2. Counsel patients on nutrition issues and healthy eating habits.
3. Develop meal and nutrition plans, taking both clients’ preferences and budgets into
4. Evaluate the effects of meal plans and change the plans as needed.
5. Promote better health by speaking to groups about diet, nutrition, and relationships.
between good eating habits and preventing or managing specific diseases.
6. Create educational materials about healthy food choices.
7. Keep up with or contribute to the latest food and nutritional science research.
8. Document patients’ progress.
9. Knowledge and understanding of Employee Handbook.
10. Carry out the meaning of the CSMD Mission and Vision statements.
11. Practice a culture of safety to reduce or prevent risk of injury, claims, loss or liability by
utilizing the Risk Management and Infection Control Plan.
12. Perform responsibilities with a high-quality standard to yield improved compliance,
quality, and patient outcome measures by adhering to the Quality Improvement Plan.
13. Be present and ready for work as scheduled.
14. Attend in-service trainings, departmental meetings and community events.
15. Work cohesively with team members.
The candidate is required to have a baccalaureate degree in Dietetics, Food Nutrition or
related. Must possess a Louisiana license as a Dietitian.