Fresenius Kidney Care is hiring for a Renal Dietitian.
Responsibilities: Full time 40/hr week RD opportunity in Monroe/ Bastrop area.
- Assesses patient’s knowledge and provides education regarding the relationship of diet and kidney disease and the impact on the treatment process.
- Provides education to patient/family/caregiver regarding nutritional status, adequacy measures and results, fluid status, and all nutrition related lab parameters pertaining to their disease process.
- Completes nutritional assessment and works with the interdisciplinary team to develop an individualized comprehensive plan of care for patients.
- Maintains complete and accurate medical records including progress notes.
- Provides ongoing assessment and counseling necessary to assist patient in achieving and sustaining an effective nutritional status.
- Identifies malnourished or at-risk patients and works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team to identify appropriate interventions, resources, or solutions.
- Monitors, adjusts, and documents response to nutrition therapy and addresses any issues impacting the patient’s ability to achieve the goals.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team on Urea Kinetic Modeling recommendations to achieve the physician’s prescription of Kt/V.
- Reports on nutrition QAI results and participates in the interdisciplinary QAI program.
- Reviews nutrition related lab results:
- Counsels patient and/or caregiver and formulates appropriate action.
- Recommends treatment changes to the interdisciplinary team as appropriate.
- Identifies candidates to refer to physician for nutritional supplements.
- Communicates with physician and/or facility staff as appropriate.
- Registered Dietitian as per Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Board Certified Specialist in Renal Nutrition encouraged.
- Current state licensure if applicable.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 1+ year experience in clinical nutrition as a Registered Dietitian.
- Previous renal experience preferred
Instructions to Apply: https://jobs.fmcna.com/job/wes