DVA-SE LA War Veterans Home
Southeast LA Veterans Home
4080 West Airline Highway Reserve, LA 70084
Phone: (985) 479-4080
Learn More & Apply
years of food service experience in a commercial, industrial, military
or institutional food service operation which involved the actual
preparation of food.
Training in food
technology, food service management or in a food service related
curriculum in a trade school or technical institute will substitute for
the required experience on a month for month basis.
credit in food and nutrition; dietetics; food service preparation; home
economics; or hotel, food service, restaurant or institutional
management will substitute for the required experience on the basis of
one semester hour for one month of experience.
of food includes tasks such as cooking; baking; chopping vegetables or
fruits; meat cutting/butcher duties; making salads, sandwiches, toast,
or desserts; and short-order or fast food cooking such as frying or deep
frying. It will not be necessary for classified employees to provide an
official job description (SF-3), or to provide percentages of time
spent preparing food. Describing food preparation tasks on the
application will be sufficient. Experience which involved no food
preparation, such as fast food cashiering and serving; or food service
worker experience consisting only of serving, tray preparation,
cleaning, washing dishes, and/or bussing tables will not qualify.
college hours or degree must be from a school accredited by one of the
following regional accrediting bodies: the Middle States Commission on
Higher Education; the New England Commission of Higher Education; the
Higher Learning Commission; the Northwest Commission on Colleges and
Universities; the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools; and the
Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Function of Work:
Examples of Work
To direct and manage food preparation for a food service operation on all shifts.
Level of Work:
General from a dietitian or other high-level administrator.
Direct over Food Service Specialist 5 and/or 6's.
Location of Work:
All state agencies.
from Food Service Specialist 6 by the presence of administrative
responsibility for overseeing all food preparation and service on all
Independently directs the work of the
food service operation on all shifts in the proper preparation and
service of food within established budgetary guidelines.
all personnel activities (hiring, interviewing, training, schedules,
promotions, performance evaluation) for employees within the food
Oversees expenditures in food and labor to meet profit objectives.
Participates in budgetary and policy formulation.
and recommends changes within food service operation in order to
improve the efficiency and cost effectiveness of the operation.
Directs the ordering of foods and supplies as needed.
Determines and issues the food to be prepared.
the use of available food services by developing and implementing daily
and long-range marketing and merchandising strategies.
Supervises sanitation and storage activities, including inventory control.
Ensures that foods are properly prepared, seasoned, and served at the correct temperature.
Manages daily profit/loss of food operations and makes any necessary adjustments to operations when needed.
Ochsner Medical Center
1514 Jefferson Highway
New Orleans, LA
How to apply: https://careers.compassgroupcareers.com/jobs/272108?lang=en-us
Melissa Miceli Reed MA RD LDN
Full time M-F diet tech position. This position will rotate between the 2 shifts- AM is 7-3:30 pm and the PM is 10-6:30 PM. Your tasks will include mixing formula, delivering formula, attending daily huddles, and managing the supplement inventory.
BS or a DTR preferred
Ochsner Medical Center - St Anne
4608 Highway 1
How to apply: https://careers.compassgroupcareers.com/jobs/253892?lang=en-us
Melissa Miceli Reed MA RD LDN
Full time in-patient dietitian
RD, LDN - entree level is approved
Morrison Healthcare at Our Lady of the Lake
5000 Hennessey Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
How to apply: https://careers.compassgroupcareers.com/jobs/270573?lang=en-us&jobPipeline=Indeedorganic
J. Donovan Guillory, Clinical Nutrition Manager
- Responsible for providing medical nutrition therapy including nutrition assessment, diet modification, nutrition education, and intervention for patients
- Incorporate current evidence-based research into practice, utilizing the Nutrition Care Process
- Comply with guidelines as outlined within the Company Diet Manual and the Clinical Nutrition Policies & Procedures Manual
- Ensure patient satisfaction, quality care, regulatory agency compliance, and good public relations are achieved through the safe and efficient use of resources
- Completion of ACEND accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics and completion of an ACEND accredited supervised practice pathway (Dietetic Internship Program, Coordinated Program, ISPPs, Pathway I, Pathway II), required
- Successful completion of the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) Examination within company’s required timeline as outlined per policy, required
- Credentialed as a Registered Dietitian by CDR post examination, required
- Experienced in Nutrition Support preferred
- Licensed by the State Dietetics Licensing Board, post examination, in states where applicable within company’s required timeline as outlined per policy, required
- Must be willing to participate in patient satisfaction programs and activities
- Must be experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office, e-mail, and the Internet
East Jefferson General Hospital
4200 Houma Boulevard
Metairie, LA 70006
How to apply: http://www.ejgh.org
Phone: (504) 454-4000
Seeking an individual to become a part of our dynamic in-patient nutrition care team. Responsible for the total nutritional care and counseling of patients on assigned inpatient nursing units, provides an environment to provide Medical Nutrition Therapy to all acuity levels and varied disease states (cardiac, diabetes, surgery, intensive care, and NICU).
B.S. degree from a regionally accredited college or university with completion of coursework meeting the Standards of Education of the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) of the American Dietetic Association. Completion of a CDR accredited internship. CDR Registered Dietitian (RD), Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist by the Louisiana State Board of Examiners. Flexible and able to work as a member of the team, working under pressure. Knowledge and skills required to provide medical nutrition therapy to all ages served by EJGH. Continuing education as required to maintain CDR registration and state licensure. One year of clinical experience preferred. Our team also participates in training interns from Tulane School of Public Health.