PRN Dietetic Technician (DTR)
New Orleans, LA
How to apply:
- We have an opening for a PRN Diet Technician position.
- Location: New Orleans, Louisiana Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: PRN, as needed
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison’s hospital kitchens, restaurants and cafés feature socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences. The company’s Mindful Choices wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption. The Atlanta-based company was named one of Modern Healthcare magazine’s “Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2013” and one of Training Magazine’s top 125 for 2014.
As a Diet Technician (DTR), you will be responsible for providing nutrition care such as data collection, nutrition screening, and implementation of the dietitian’s nutrition care plan. You will contribute to patient satisfaction by adhering to the company’s patient satisfaction program and providing quality service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- May conduct nutrition screening using a validated nutrition screening tool or other facility screening tools per policy.
- Assists dietitians with patient data collection such as food and nutrition history, client history, biochemical data, medical tests and procedures and anthropometric measurements.
- Assists with modified menu planning based on current diet manual.
- Assists patients in completing menu selections in compliance with prescribed diet and offers alternatives in accordance with food allergies or sensitivities, cultural, ethnic and religious preferences.
- Provides basic nutrition education to patients and documents nutrition care provided to patients in the medical record.
- Adheres to facility confidentiality, HIPAA regulations, and patient rights policies; complies with regulatory standards.
- Completes all required documentation, reports and logs in a timely, professional and thorough manner.
- Communicates effectively with all team members, patients and families through conferences, individual consultation and committee participation.
- Orients and trains staff, as applicable.
- Communicates patient care and food service issues back to the department.
- Follows facility and department infection control policies and procedures.
- Visits patients on assigned nursing unit(s) or area and helps ensure that every patient is visited by a member of the management or professional team at least once during their hospital stay.
- Follows all security procedures and safety protocols to include incident reporting for the facility and department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written and the ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Experience in education, military, health care, and/or related food and nutrition operations.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Associate’s degree in Dietetic Technology following The Commission on Dietetic Registration curriculum and registered OR Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition or Dietetics and registered.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).