The Louisiana Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is an affiliate of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. We are a professional organization representing over 1000 dietetic nutrition experts throughout the state of Louisiana.
Bylaws Proposed Revision
The LAND Board of Directors has updated our bylaws with the recommendations from the Academy. Association bylaws are generally used for two things:
- Create a minimum operating standard for an organization
- Grant decision making powers to the board of directors
LAND’s strategic plan is comprised of 5 goals:
- Establish LAND as the Leader in selected emerging areas in food and nutrition
- Build Membership in the Association
- Influence the Policy Initiatives of Key Audiences
- Increase demand and utilization of services provided by LAND members
- Position members to complete successfully in a rapidly changing environment.
LAND and the Community
The LAND’s sole function is to help in improving the health and lifestyles of all Louisianans. We help to promote good nutrition and better eating habits in several ways. Here are some of the many ways that the LAND is working to improve communities throughout Louisiana. We work everyday in our daily practices throughout a board scope of many different nutritional areas to improve the health and well being of our clients. Our members work with the media to spread our messages across the state we lobby the Louisiana legislature and U.S. Congress to improve, implement and/or create nutrition policies for the betterment of our citizens. We work with the school systems across our great state to help improve our children’s health so they can be healthier live longer as the citizens of tomorrow. We help to sponsor events for National Nutrition Month every year throughout the state. We offer scholarships to recruit students into the dietetics profession. Our members often offer community workshops and presentations on numerous nutrition topics.
If you are a school administrator/school teacher and would like one of our members to come speak to your district about health and nutrition or you are a corporation thinking about initiating an employee wellness program or you are a athletic coach that would like us to come work with and educate your team on proper nutrition or you are just a member of our community that would like to learn more about a healthier lifestyle. Use Find an RD/DTR to locate a nutrition professional who will be happy to assist you in whatever issue you need help.
How to become a Leader
The LAND membership is open to all nutrition professionals that are current members of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. As an Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics member, your LAND dues are paid for you. Furthermore, you are eligible to join your district membership here. Come join 1000 + colleagues and enjoy all privileges that are offered to our membership. Contact the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics at 1-800-877-1600 for membership information. There are many benefits of becoming an LAND member. You can help support our profession!
- Ability to network and communicate with your colleagues around the state
- Improve your business from our PR efforts/advertising for your services on the Find a RD link and Speakers Bureau
- Eligibility to earn career-building leadership experience through our membership elections
- Access to career opportunities throughout the state
- Enjoy a discount on the registration to our annual FNCE conference
- Benefit of Job postings at no cost
- Benefit from LAND working with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics to lobby state and national legislation issues that affect our profession
What is a Registered Dietitian (RD)?
Dietitians are individuals who have:
- Completed a minimum of a bachelor’s degree program approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetic Education.
- Passed a national examination administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Completed continuing professional education requirements. A RD can hold additional certifications in specialized areas of practice, such as pediatric or renal nutrition or diabetes education.
Where do Registered Dietitians work?
- Hospitals, clinics, nursing homes
- Research Centers
- Private Practice
- Wellness Centers
- Business and Industry
- Food Companies