Director of Food and Nutrition Services – Minden Medical Center
Location: Minden, LA
Minden Medical Center is looking for a well-organized, energetic, Director of Food & Nutrition/Registered Dietitian. The ideal candidate will have the ability to interact in a positive and compassionate manner with patients, co-workers, and supervisors. At MMC, we strive to provide excellent care to the patients we serve and to create a work environment that supports and encourages you to learn, grow and reach your highest potential. At MMC we believe our employees are our most valuable assets.
• Our Mission – Making Communities Healthier
• Our Vision – We want to create places where: People choose to come for healthcare, Physicians want to practice, & Employees want to work.
MMC offers competitive salaries and complete benefit packages.
Nutrition Program Coordinator – Lafayette Parish School System
Location: Lafayette, LA
Education: Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Master’s Degree.
Certifications and Licenses: Licensed and in good standing with the Louisiana Board of Examiners in Dietetics and Nutrition. School Nutrition Association, Level III Certification must be acquired within 1 year of employment.
Experience: Three years of experience in Nutrition or Dietetics preferably in a school or institutional setting, or any equivalent combination of acceptable experience which provides the knowledge, abilities, and skills listed here.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Implements the philosophy, policies, and regulations of all Child Nutrition Programs.
- Coordinates Area Managers, Managers, and Administrative Staff in the implementation and interpretation of current nutrition information and programs.
- Communicates current information pertaining to Child Nutrition Services with LPSS administrators, staff, and the public on an ongoing basis including LPSS Administrative Conference, Principal Meetings, and teacher in-services as needed.
- Plans and conducts employee training in relation to Nutrition Education and food production; includes periodic employee in-service programs and monthly Cafeteria Manager meetings.
- Responsible for department menu planning for all meal programs and specific student programs.
- Directs annual USDA Planned Assistance Level dollars and commodity allocation and processing program.
- Assists in preparing specifications for all food, supplies, and equipment purchased for the food service operation for the purpose of providing diet modifications and special dietary products.
- Dietetic Internship preceptor for Child Nutrition Services community, food service, and nutrition education rotations.
FT Registered Dietitian-Renal Care – Fresenius Kidney Care
Job Type: Full Time
Locations: Bossier City, Louisiana | Shreveport, Louisiana
How to apply: Jobs.fmcna.com
SIGN-ON BONUS $2,000
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
- Assesses patient’s knowledge of diet and kidney disease and provides education appropriate to patient’s learning needs regarding the relationship of diet and kidney disease and the impact on the treatment process.
- Provides patient specific detailed education to patient/family/caregiver regarding nutritional status, adequacy measures and results, fluid status, and all nutrition related lab parameters pertaining to their disease process.
- Completes nutritional assessment and participates in the interdisciplinary comprehensive assessments.
- Participates with the interdisciplinary team in the development of a written, individualized comprehensive plan of care that specifies the services necessary to address the patient’s needs, in accordance with established Federal and, where applicable, state licensure guidelines.
- Reviews nutrition related lab results
- Registered Dietitian as per Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Board Certified Specialist in Renal Nutrition encouraged.
- Current state licensure if applicable.
- Minimum of 1 year professional work experience in clinical nutrition as a Registered Dietitian.
- Previous renal experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies and skills for the position, including ability to teach, strong organizational skills, excellent communication, customer service, relationship development, results orientation, team building and decision making.
- Able to perform responsibilities with minimum supervision.
- Basic computer skills required.
Outpatient Registered Dietitian – Baton Rouge General Health and Wellness Center
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
As a Dietician with Health & Wellness Center, some of your job duties will include:
- Help patients develop a healthy relationship with food to reduce the risk of health conditions such as heart disease and diabetes, while also helping them manage their weight.
- Provide nutrition therapy to support behavioral and lifestyle changes and develop a personalized nutrition plan for patients based on a broad base of health conditions such as:
- Autoimmune disorders
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Gastro disorders
- Gestational Diabetes
- Pediatric food issues
- Renal diseases
- Participate in teaching “Healthy Eating” group classes to the community, grocery store tours, and various community events.
- Participate in coaching patients enrolled in our diabetes program and weight loss programs.
Prior outpatient experience preferred
How to Apply: https://prd01-hcm01.prd.mykron
Associate/Extension Agent/Regional Coordinator – Rapides Parish – LSU AgCenter
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Alexandria, LA
How to apply: https://lsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/LSU
Position Description: The Central Region Associate/Extension Agent and Regional Coordinator (FCS/nutrition) is charged with providing leadership for the Family and Consumer Sciences/nutrition program in the assigned Central Region geographical area (10 parishes). The position reports administratively to the regional director. The regional director will conduct an annual evaluation of the coordinator considering input from the head of the School of Nutrition and Food Sciences. The coordinator is responsible for administratively supporting FCS agents (40% effort) in selecting and implementing program priorities; providing training for FCS, SNAPEd, and EFNEP agents and nutrition educators; and successfully implementing and evaluating effective and innovative programs that lead to measurable change in behavior. The coordinator will collaborate with parish chairs in their joint responsibility for evaluating performance of FCS agents including making promotion and specialization recommendations to regional director. The agent will also plan, implement, evaluate and report nutrition educational programming for general nutrition programs in Rapides and Avoyelles Parishes (40%).The agent will also plan, implement, evaluate and report nutrition educational programming for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program recipients and other low-income families in Rapides Parish (20%) effort).
Qualification Requirements: A bachelor’s degree in education, vocational education, family and consumer sciences/ human ecology, nutrition, food science, exercise science or closely related areas (must have grade point average of at 3.0). A Master’s degree, PhD or nutrition specialization are preferred. Prior FCS and/or nutrition educational program experience is desired. The applicant must have a minimum of five years of experience working in education, vocational education, family and consumer sciences/ human ecology, nutrition, food science, exercise science or closely related field. Extension experience is desirable. The applicant must demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills. Experience in teaching and applying principles of leadership development to both youth and adults is also desired. Knowledge of public relations and the ability to cope with change are highly desirable characteristics. Ability to work with and through others is essential as is the ability to function with minimum supervision.
Salary and Benefits: Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The LSU AgCenter has an attractive benefits package with a wide variety of benefit options. Benefits offered include retirement, multiple medical insurance options, supplemental insurances (dental, life, long-term disability, accident, vision, long-term care, etc.), Tax Saver Flexible Benefits Plan (saves tax dollars on some child care and medical expenses), university holidays (14 per year, typically includes a week off at Christmas), generous annual (vacation) and sick leave benefits, Employee Assistance Program, and possible educational leave and tuition exemption for coursework at campuses of the LSU System. Specific benefits depend on job category, percent effort and length of employment.
Conditions of Employment: A personal automobile and appropriate insurance coverage is required (travel allowance provided). Satisfactory completion of one specific graduate level extension courses (3 credit hours) is generally required in the first two years of employment. Additionally, a faculty member who does not have a related master’s degree must complete an additional 9 hours of related graduate level coursework in order to be promoted to associate agent and such promotion must occur in the first seven years of employment. An exception is that additional agent experience may be substituted for nine hours of coursework, but not for the two required courses.
Application Deadline: August 09, 2021 or until a suitable candidate is identified.
How to Apply: Application Procedure: Apply online at https://lsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.
Post a Job
Click the button below for guidelines and to find out how to submit your job opening to be posted!