Patient Services Manager – ABM
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Location: Shreveport, LA
Responsible for management of all aspects of the patient services operation. Assists the Food and Nutrition Services Director in giving direction, training, motivation and guidance to Food and Nutrition Services Associates to accomplish established standards to meet or exceed patient satisfaction. Position represents ABM Healthcare Support Services to the highest degree.
- Three to five years supervisor/management work experience in a food service/healthcare environment.
- Remains current concerning sanitation guidelines.
- Completion of ServSafe® Sanitation Certification Course preferred.
- Able to accurately review and process data and attend to detail.
- Able to establish priorities, work independently, and to accomplish objectives without supervision.
- Able to handle and resolve problems.
- Works in a team environment, interacting with a variety of departments.
- Possesses motivational and disciplinary skills
Dietitian – Women’s Hospital
Certified Diabetic Educator with either Registered Dietitian (with active registration by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics), OR Registered Nurse. Certification/Licensure as required by state of practice.
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
How to apply: http://www.womans.org/
The dietitian provides individualized diabetes self-management education to patients and/or families according to the Scope of Practice, Standards of Practice, and Standards of Professional Performance for Diabetes Educators. Plans and coordinates the Diabetes Center Program of Woman’s Hospital. Other job duties may include providing pre- and post-operative medical nutrition therapy to bariatric surgery patients; providing medical nutrition therapy to physician- and self-referred patients for general nutrition; developing, organizing and assisting with nutrition education, programs, special events and classes. Performs various duties assigned by department management according to policies and procedures and the mission of Woman’s Hospital.
- Knowledge of current diabetes treatment management.
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must have the ability to be self motivated and to work independently.
- Excellent time management, organizational and record keeping skills are required. Must be competent with nutrient analysis, word processing and presentation software.
Clinical Dietitian – Pediatric Primary Care Clinic – Westside
Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition, Dietetics or related field
Registered Dietitian status with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Current licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist status with LBEDN
Preferred – Certification in specialty area
Location: LSU’s Pennington Biomedical Research Center; New Orleans
Name of Contact Person: Angelle Graham
How to apply: http://bit.ly/2mtcMft
This job coordinates the nutritional care of patients. Completes nutritional assessments, prepares nutrition care plans, recommends nutritional therapies, and monitors the effectiveness of nutritional care. Provides nutrition education to promote improved health and complies with regulatory requirements. Conducts and participates in community education, marketing, and public relations efforts. Attends committee meetings as assigned. Participates in in-services and continuing education programs.
- Assesses patients’ nutritional needs and creates nutrition care plans.
- Provides nutritional education and counseling.
- Documents records completely and accurately.
- Supports departmental goals.
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
- Other related duties as required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
The employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong personal commitment to professional development and maintaining clinical services that are evidence based.
- Excellent analytical skills to assess nutritional status and develop appropriate care plans based on problems identified.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills to meet frequent deadlines.
Lead Clinical Dietitian
Aramark – Location: West Jefferson Medical Center – Marrero
Name of Contact Person: Jodi Broussard, MS, RD, LDN, CNSC
As a Nutrition Manager you will plan, coordinate and manage all patient/resident nutrition care activities complying with the standards established by Aramark, regulatory agencies and client. You will develop and implement cost effective, profit-generating nutrition programs, function as a member of the multidisciplinary health care team to implement nutrition care plans, and establish and maintain policies, standards and programs for the provision of optimal, cost-effective nutrition care to patients/residents. This includes coordinating and directing all clinical activities and determining and implementing appropriate staffing levels.
• Establishes and maintains policies, standards and programs for the provision of optimal, cost-effective nutrition care to patients/residents. This includes coordinating and directing all clinical activities and determining and implementing appropriate staffing levels.
• Develops goals and objectives for Clinical Nutrition to maintain high quality care.
• Utilizes equipment, resources and programs to provide efficient and high quality care.
• Assists in the performance planning process for Dietitians and Dietetic Interns and interviews, selects and trains employees within the Food and Nutrition Services.
• Participates in the budget process.
• Recognizes and adopts activities appropriate to the specific needs of the patient/resident population and demonstrates knowledge of specific issues directly related to age of patient/resident population.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other facility departments to provide a unified approach to patient/resident care.
• Establishes education programs for facility’s professional staff (Nursing, pharmacy, medical and surgical residents).
• Develops, implements and documents inservice education programs for Registered Dietitians, Dietetic Interns and other nutrition personnel to provide continuing education and training.
• Engages in and encourages staff to participate in research, submits to professional publications and professional and community lectures.
• Maintains establishes systems and training programs to provide a safe working environment. Complies with all OSHA regulations and other local, state and federal government regulations.
• Maintains compliance with Aramark’s standards of operation, client contract and within Aramark’s Business Conduct Policy. Maintains all records and reports necessary to comply with Aramark/HSS, government and accrediting agency standards, regulations and codes.
• Maintains registration status through the Commission on Dietetic Registration and Licensure through the state board.
• Maintains professional continuing education annually.
• Maintains compliance with all requirements of Federal, State and local regulations and guidelines including the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended, and the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended.
•Position requires a Bachelor’s degree (BA) from a 4-year college or university, plus Master’s degree in dietetics, food science, nutrition, institutional management, business or relevant to function Five years’ experience as a Clinical Dietitian plus 2-3 years of management experience Position requires Registered Dietitian with the American Dietetic Association and Licensed Dietitian status, if residing in a state with licensure.
• Knowledge of computer applications (Microsoft Office), including dietary management computer applications (CBORD) and computerized charting applications.
• Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) effectively with clients, customers of client and support staff.
• Ability to write letters, summaries and reports, using prescribed format and conform to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
• Skill in planning, organizing and delegating functional activities.
• Skill in coaching, counseling and developing the supervisory skill of others.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems.
• Requires management and leadership skills and the ability to work with confidential employee, client and Aramark information.
PRN Dietician Hammond/Gonzales
Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center
THIS POSITION IS SPLIT BETWEEN OUR HAMMOND AND GONZALES LOCATIONS 2 DAYS A WEEK
Name of Contact Person: Vadel Y. Shivers, MS, RD
Scope: Assesses and monitors the nutritional status of the patients treated in the head and neck region, esophageal region, and those with feeding tubes and others referred by the physicians, radiation therapists, nurses, and social workers; Recommends nutritional supplements as needed to maintain optimal patient weight; Develops patient educational material related to nutrition; Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development patterns as appropriate for adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients; Maintains awareness of the age of the patient served when providing care plans and follow-up services.
•Assesses and monitors the nutritional needs of patients with high potential of complications due to treatment-related weight loss.
•Assesses the nutritional needs of other patients as referred by physicians, therapists, nurses, and social workers or as identified by evaluation of patient’s medical record.
•Provides nutritional education to patients in a professional and efficient manner.
•Develops/reviews/revises patient educational materials regarding patient nutrition.
•Conduct cancer and nutrition related presentations to individuals with cancer, cancer survivors, and the general public.
•Assist patients with contacting community agencies or businesses that may assist with nutritional products and equipment
•CDR registration and license from the state of Louisiana required.
•Bachelor’s degree in nutrition or related science required
•Reliable transportation and the ability to work with both MBPCC in Hammond and MBPCC in Gonzales required.
•Experience in the nutritional care of oncology patients is highly preferred.
Health Educator – Lafayette
103 Independence Blvd
Lafayette LA 70508
Name of Contact Person: Traci Quebedeaux
How to apply: send resume and cover letter by email to
Health Educator for WIC program located at Lafayette Parish Health Unit. Ceritify individuals/families for the WIC program, provide VENA based nutrition assessments, counsels clients with the most up to date nutrition information, promotes breastfeeding with appropriate information and materials, perform anthropometric measurements and lab data.
Dietetics Degree or College degree with at least 14 hours of nutrition courses.
Clinical Dietitian – Lake Charles
Full-Time or PRN
Lake Charles Memorial Hospital
1701 Oak Park Boulevard
Lake Charles, LA 70601
How to apply: https://www.lcmh.com/Careers.aspx
Coordinates all phases of nutrition care including nutrition assessment, care planning, monitoring, education and counseling of hospitalized patients and outpatients in a variety of settings. Performs duties in support of and in compliance with performance improvement plans, JCAHO and other licensing, accrediting and regulatory agencies
RD, LDN in Louisiana
Campus Dietitian – Grambling State University
Campus Dietitian – Sodexo
Grambling State University
403 Main St.
Grambling, LA 71245
How to Apply: https://external-careers-sodexo.icims.com/jobs/82165/campus-dietitian-1/job
Responsible for providing direct basic nutrition services
- Provides nutrition care to population served to ensure needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
- Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
- Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
- Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
- Follows operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments.
Post a Job
Click the button below for guidelines and to find out how to submit your job opening to be posted!